- RSS Channel Showcase 4916535
- RSS Channel Showcase 4872771
- RSS Channel Showcase 1403167
- RSS Channel Showcase 9920379
Articles on this Page
- 04/06/13--19:46: _Tokenizing Sitecore...
- 04/09/13--16:26: _Sitecore and Respon...
- 04/10/13--16:54: _Sitecore Recommende...
- 04/24/13--20:48: _Insert Sitecore Lin...
- 05/01/13--09:49: _Prediction: The maj...
- 06/18/13--20:24: _Sitecore Code Based...
- 06/20/13--20:17: _Sitecore Query Stri...
- 06/23/13--12:26: _Sitecore Analytic D...
- 06/24/13--09:49: _Sitecore Previous V...
- 07/05/13--11:22: _Sitecore Node Name ...
- 07/17/13--19:53: _Sitecore Versus Ken...
- 08/13/13--09:28: _Sitecore / Ooyala: ...
- 09/03/13--20:35: _5 Keys to a Good Si...
- 09/18/13--22:05: _Sitecore Multiple S...
- 09/30/13--07:18: _Tracking users with...
- 10/18/13--07:54: _Adding a custom but...
- 11/05/13--15:38: _Sitecore Authentica...
- 11/05/13--15:47: _Redirect with query...
- 11/05/13--16:03: _Using RTE dictionar...
- 04/06/13--19:46: Tokenizing Sitecore’s Dictionary
- 04/09/13--16:26: Sitecore and Responsive Design
- 04/10/13--16:54: Sitecore Recommended Practices
- 04/24/13--20:48: Insert Sitecore Link Clears Out All Attributes
- 06/18/13--20:24: Sitecore Code Based Page Event Tracking
- 06/20/13--20:17: Sitecore Query String Event Tracking
- 06/23/13--12:26: Sitecore Analytic Double Page Removal
- 06/24/13--09:49: Sitecore Previous Visit Last Page
- 07/05/13--11:22: Sitecore Node Name Replacer
- 07/17/13--19:53: Sitecore Versus Kentico
- 08/13/13--09:28: Sitecore / Ooyala: Suggested Videos and Custom Caching
- 09/03/13--20:35: 5 Keys to a Good Sitecore Dev Environment
- 09/18/13--22:05: Sitecore Multiple Sites Manager
- 11/05/13--15:38: Sitecore Authentication and Sliding Cookie Expiration
- 11/05/13--15:47: Redirect with query string parameters after authentication
- 11/05/13--16:03: Using RTE dictionary for spell check
Prior to the great CMS tools we have today, like Sitecore, the more common CMS-like approach in development usually revolved around a token of some sort. You would have an html file with special tokens using certain patterns that your … Continue reading
I just went through a pretty cool re-design project of our new website, and of course, we’re doing it in HTML5 and Responsive design – as any new web initiative should do these days. I hadn’t done a full blown … Continue reading
Recommended practices. Why? I apologize for the length of this up front, but this is a big subject and I have way too much first hand knowledge of the consequences of ignoring these things. To start with, let me give … Continue reading
Currently in Sitecore 6.6.0 (rev. 130214) . If you have a link with attributes like class or target in the <a tag, when you use the Insert Sitecore Link in the HTML editor to overwrite your current link your attributes … Continue reading
It is not really that difficult to see – the writing is clearly on the wall: Responsive is here to stay. The positive consequences beyond just device support is less obvious at first glance… Website initiatives tend to start out … Continue reading
Sometimes as developers we like to dig deep and blog about more complex ideas. But tonight I want to explore the concept of programmatically inserting a page event. A fairly simple concept but one of the first that a Sitecore developer … Continue reading
One common usage of tracking is to track query strings. It is not an uncommon task to learn more about a user’s visit based on what their query string values are. These are a common component in driving things like … Continue reading
To go along with this weeks posts on Sitecore DMS, I wanted to touch on a bit of a unique scenario. Imagine your site has a lot of AJAX post backs. Your analytic reports will be filled with the same … Continue reading
To finish up this last weeks posts on DMS, I want to flip the table and instead of showing how to manage the Analytic data, show how the data can be used to make decisions on your site. Specifically with … Continue reading
Recently, I had a request from a client to replace all of the %20s in their site’s URLs with hyphens. “No problem” I thought, “it should just be a quick change in the web.config” (<replace mode=”on” find=” ” replaceWith=”-”/>). The problem, however, was their solution contained thousands of nodes with a hyphen in the name [...]
About a year ago I had a client who was comparing the advantages of using Sitecore or Kentico and was asked to make an assessment. In my development career I have worked on only a handful of Kentico based websites but have over 6 years of Sitecore experience. So as a disclaimer I am certainly [...]
You’re probably familiar with YouTube’s “Suggested Videos” feature; when you watch a video, you see a list of related videos going down the right side of the page. While building http://myyogaworks.com, a yoga video website, a similar requirement was made. The site leverages both Sitecore and Ooyala. Unfortunately, the Sitecore connector does not support any [...]
With over six years of Sitecore consulting I have had the opportunity to see many different environments. I have seen simple setups where it is just you or a couple other developers. On the complete opposite side of the spectrum I have seen setups in larger companies where you are in a group part of [...]
One of the coolest things about Sitecore is its ability to host multiple sites. Surprisingly, creating new sites was not content driven until Sitecore introduced Multiple Sites Manager, but it had its limitations. It could only work in a single Content Delivery/Content Management Server. This limitation made it difficult to use it on multiple CD [...]
One of the (many) great things about Sitecore DMS is the ability to track users across sessions – not only are you able to adapt your site to the user’s behavior in the current session without any customization at all – you can do it across multiple sessions to work off of the user’s full [...]
Recently I had requirements from a client to add a few custom buttons to the Rich Text Editor’s toolbar. While I found this blog particularly helpful, it didn’t quite work for me in Sitecore 7. Furthermore, I have a few best-practice tips. So here it is a step by step guide to adding a button [...]
For security reasons, many sites implement an authentication time limit after a certain period of inactivity. Being a .net application Sitecore could use forms authentication provider to authenticate and validate a user session and by simply specifying values for Timeout and SlidingExpiration in the web.config we should be able to implement this feature. <authentication mode="Forms"> <forms [...]
A standard site behavior is to redirect users to the login page if they are trying to access a protected page. On successful authentication the user is redirected back to the page they had originally requested. This works well as long as the original request did not include a query string, as the query string [...]
Recently a client asked if we could spell check search terms in case they did not yield results and show suggested terms. My immediate answer was yes, we most certainly can. Then came the catch, they had a bunch of product names, which were not always valid English words and they wanted to show these [...]